PSALM 139:23-24 Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
The ONLY way we are purified of sin is that we walk in the light and maintain an open relationship with Him. This is not legalism but a lifestyle of repentance. Notice what 1 John 1:7-9 says: “But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
The following areas are NOT intended to condemn (Romans 8:1) but to guide us through an honest evaluation followed by cleansing from the Holy Spirit. Go through each area and confess each area of need as God reveals with the willingness to make it right and to forsake it. Then praise God for His cleansing through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Do I love to read and meditate on God’s Word?
Do I apply what I read to everyday life?
2. Holy Spirit control Galatians 5:22-25; Ephesians 5:18-21
Do I ask to be filled with the Holy Spirit each day?
Am I sensitive to the Spirit’s voice and do I allow Him to lead and control me?
3. First Love Philippians 1:21-23; Revelation 2:4-5
Is Jesus Christ still the most important Person in my life?
Does my schedule, spending, etc. reveal that God is first in my life?
4. Prayer 1 Timothy 2:1-2
Am I faithful to a consistent life of prayer?
Is my prayer life filled with joy and intimacy with the Father?
5. Submission 1 Samuel 15:22; Hebrews 13:17
Do I truly obey God from the heart?
Do I genuinely obey human authorities that God has placed over my life?
9. Priorities Matthew 6:33; Colossians 3:12-14
Do I love what God loves and hate what He hates?
Do I seek to do His Will each day?
10. Finances Proverbs 19:17; Malachi 3:10-12
Do I Tithe the first portion of my earnings to God?
Am I a generous person?
11. Forgiveness Acts 24:16; Colossians 3:12-14; Hebrews 12:14-15
Am I willing to release offenses and be reconciled to God and the person with whom I am offended?
Do I stop slander and not allow a destructive spirit of unforgiveness to divide my church?
12. Evangelism Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8
Do I have a burden for people who do not know Christ?
How am I reaching the lost with the good news of salvation in Jesus Christ?
1. As a disciple my entire being is to be open to Christ to do as He sees fit. Are there areas in my life where God’s absolute Lordship may not be established?
2. If so, what steps must I take to open those areas in submission to His Lordship?